Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

eating from your pantry challenge

today I am joing in on the 'eat from your pantry' challenge. from life as a mom.
the idea is to try and survive on making meals from your pantry, freezer and fridge without going to the supermarket all the time. trying to buy only milk, eggs cheese, and fresh fruits and vegies. and to cut down on your grocery bill.

Hear is what I can do.

Breakfast:
homemade crumpets
pancakes
porridge
taost
english muffins ( if I find a recipe might start making them myself)
scrambled eggs
of course fruit and milk to top it of for a healthy meal

Lunch
bread rolls with
      ham and cheese
      chicken and cheese
      corned beef
      roast pork ( if any left over)
fruit salad.
tuna and corn salad
 ok so I need more inspiration on lunches

Dinner
1.  hamburgers and wedges
2.  sausages and mash
3.  roast pork and vegies
4.  garlic and chilli chiken with hassle back potatoes
5.  spaghetti bolognese x 2 meals
6.  gnocchi and bolognese with left overs for lunches for my husband to take to work
7.  chicken enchiladas x 2 ( if I add more vegies can make 2 meals instead of the one)
8.  honey chicken wings with vegies
9.  homemade pizzas (we all like different toppings so will see how we go).
10. quiche and salad
11. mac and cheese
12. seafood salad x 3 meals
13. beef stir fry and rice
14. chow mein
15. curried sausages and rice
16. corned beef and mash potatoes
17. breakfast dinner.

22 main meals.

dessert

apple crumble
self saucing chocolate pudding
stick date pudding
sponge roll
lemon meringue pie
golden syrup dumplings
sago pudding
rice custard
canned fruit
homemade jam doughnuts
the list could go on forever.....

Snacks
muesli bars
biscuits: anzacs, shortbread, jam drops, chocolate chip......
popcorn
brownies
cupcakes
banana bread
again the list could go forever......

by the list I just made you would think I could do this so fingers crossed .
I will be making a list of everything my family eats and likes and maybe start buying the things on the list to stop over buying and throwing away alot of it. oh and remember the shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment