Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

01/01/2010
being the first day of the year we started it of with a clean house I always like it that way. I had awoken to the need to make some bread so this i what did I made. the bread ended up being a very sweet bread but it rose very well so next time I make it I will add less sugar overwise it was perfect. I tripled the ingredients and made 1 sandwhich loaf, 1 cob loaf and 12 samll bread rolls. I used the cob to make steak sandwiches for tea. this was really yummy too.

Amish White read
Ingredients
1 cup warm water
1/3 1/4 cup sugar
1 tbl dried yeast
2 tbl oil
3 cups bread flour
method
dissolve sugar in water ad mix in yeast, set in warm place for 15 mins or until frothy. add oil to yast mixture and add to flour in a large bowl. mix until combine and turn out onto floured board and knead for ten minutes place back in bowl and cover with oil cling wrap set in warm place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size. punch back down and knead for a further 5 minutes. shape into loaf tin cover again and set in warm place for 20 minutes bake in a moderate oven for 35 minutes or until when tapped on bottom the loaf sounds hollow. cover with foil if loaf looks to be getting to brown on top. Remove fom loaf pan and cool on wire rack for 1 hour before slicing store plastic bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment